Hey, welcome! I'm Terry Sutton, a frontend developer based in Newfoundland, Canada. This is a selection of my personal and professional work, along with a little bit about me.
I've been a frontend developer for some 15+ years now, working from the far Eastern reaches of North America in St. John's Newfoundland.
My love of web development started in university when I met a fellow student who showed me some basic HTML and CSS. He drew out a table with pencil and paper, leaving a cell missing in one of the rows — "figure out how to make that in HML and you're all set" he said.
I currently work at Supabase, helping build the next generation of platforms for frontenders like me.
Prior to that, I spent 7 years at 10up—a leading web agency. I've had the opportunity to learn from some of the smartest people in the industry and work on some truly giant and complex websites.
At Supabase, I work on the frontend of all of our various tools and products. I help write docs (and helped build the docs site), and mostly work on the client dashboard used by thousands of developers every day.
In my seven year tenure at 10up, I've worked on projects large and small for some of the world's top brands.
A small selection of these can be found here.
I also enjoy working on small side projects that solve specific problems. I have a timezone converter to help coordinate meetings with international team members, a shopping list app that works precisely how I want it to, and I'm currently working on a live-searchable index of the Tely 10, an almost 100 year old 10 mile road race.
Here's a bunch of things I use to get all the things done in all the places.
- Fuji XT5. Loved both my X100F and X100V, but the autofocus just wasn't there. I miss the size and form factor quite a bit and would have stayed with this lineup if not for AF performance. Paired usually with a 16mm f2.8 or a 23mm f2.0
- iPhone 12 Mini. The perfect sized phone.
- Arc'Teryx Sawyer jacket
- Shun - 6.5" Classic Master Utility Knife
- LiteRide Crocs. Yup. I'm up to ~ 8 pairs now.
- de Buyer Mineral B carbon steel pans. All the benefit if cast iron with almost none of the downsides. Totally nonstick after some setup.
- Overcast I <3 podcasts.
- LeLit Elizabeth with a Eureka Mignon Specialita grinder. I <3 coffee.
Things of recent interest. A quick list of some of the things I'm reading, listening to, using, or otherwise "into" at the moment.